Even the best writers can experience dreaded writer’s block from time to time.
Last year, I struggled to feel inspired by anything. And I began to doubt and question myself, “Am I really a writer?”
If this sounds familiar, don’t worry, you’re alone. Because we’ve all been there.
That’s why I wrote this list of inspiring journal prompts to help you get unstuck, and feel your creative river flowing freely again!
Whether you use these to journal in your notebook, or to spark the idea for an article or even a book is up to you.
You could challenge yourself to work through the list and write using one as inspiration each day. Another approach would be to pick whichever ones stand out to you. It’s completely up to you.
Even if you feel totally blocked, I invite you to sit down with a pen and paper, and write anything that comes to mind.
Don’t worry about it being perfect or even making sense. The point is to get the words flowing again.
To do this, you have to clear out whatever is holding you back right now.
Here’s my list of 50 inspiring journal prompts for when you don’t know what to write:
- Imagine your perfect morning. Now describe it.
- How can I show myself love and care?
- Write about a recent conflict that you faced and overcame.
- How do I find fulfilment in my career?
- How can I create the life I truly desire?
- What would I tell my future self?
- What would I tell my younger self?
- Write about doing something you really don’t want to do.
- How to change limiting beliefs to empowering ones, and write a new story
- Write about a time when you stayed silent, but you wanted to raise your voice.
Are you ready for more?
- Write about a time when someone made you feel less than good enough. How did it make you feel?
- The power of saying no.
- The power of saying fuck yeah.
- Write about a decision you made that changed your entire life.
- What scares you the most?
- Pick an oracle card from a deck and use it to inspire a piece of writing.
- Write yourself a letter to read one year from now.
- Write yourself a letter to read when you hit a milestone (turning 30, getting married, having your first child etc.)
- Think back to the things you loved doing as a child. Write about them and how they made you feel.
- If you’re mirror could talk, what might it say to you?
Keep going, you can do this!
- Randomly flip to a page in a magazine or book, and use what you see as inspiration to start writing.
- What fills you with rage?
- Write about the beauty in being flawed.
- Head to a social media channel of your choice, and use a post you see as inspiration to write.
- Try the world’s most deadliest writing app and write non-stop for 5 minutes. Go on, I dare you!
- Write about your greatest super powers, gifts & strengths.
- If you could have one wish granted right now, what would it be and why?
- What are you grateful for in your life today?
- Write about a time you failed spectacularly at something. What did you learn? How did you grow?
- Set yourself a timer for 5 minutes and just free write.
I think you’re going to love these ones:
- Write about a promise you want to make to yourself and keep.
- How can you be a more positive person, and live a happier life?
- Write about what it means to truly love yourself.
- Write about how it feels to be an empowered person from the inside, out.
- How you can you become a more confident, empowered person?
- What do you value most?
- When was the last time you cried?
- Write about how it feels when you’re totally stuck and can’t write!
- What does love look and feel like to you?
- Write about the biggest challenge you’ve faced in your life so far.
Here’s my final 10 inspiring journal prompts:
- What does it mean to you to truly be alive?
- Write about a time when you’s almost lost all hope, but found a glimmer of light in the dark.
- What’s your spirit animal and why?
- What positive habits can I incorporate into my daily life?
- Pick a Goddess figure you feel drawn to, and write about her strengths.
- What shadows are lurking deep within that need to be brought to the light?
- How do you know if you love yourself?
- How do you know if you love someone else?
- If you could give one piece of advice to every woman today, what would it be?
- If you could go back in time, would you change anything?
You’ve now got 50 inspiring journal prompts to help get your creativity flowing again, and re-ignite your passion for writing.
Relax, enjoy the process, and see where these journal prompts take you.